How to repair or disassemble the iPhone 8 battery if it doesn't have, can't charge it, or expands
The most common iPhone failure is the display related to liquid crystal cracking and glass cracking, but the next most common failure content is the battery.
In the case of the iPhone8, I think that there is almost no deterioration, expansion, etc. of the battery because the model is still new, but the battery has worse than before when I use it for one year or two years after purchase.
In addition, in the case of the iPhone8, wireless charging (Qi) is now possible, and if charging is not possible, it will not cause the battery itself, but there will also be a possibility of Qi failure.
If you are not able to charge with a Lightning cable if you do not usually charge only wirelessly, you can charge it with a Lightning cable or it will be one of the breakdown isolates.
It is a rough flow of the battery replacement of the iPhone8, but remove the battery after removing the liquid crystal.
Battery replacement is possible without removing the LCD completely, but I would like to remove the LIQUID crystal before doing the necessary work to ensure reliable work.
If I replace the battery on my iPhone 8, will my data disappear?
The data will not disappear just by replacing the battery.
Since the data of the iPhone 8 is recorded in the part called NAND on the logic board, the data is not lost just by replacing the battery.
However, the data is not lost only if you repair it yourself or repair it at a non-regular store.
If you want to replace the battery with data, you should avoid manufacturer repairs because it will almost 100% of the data initialization when you ask Apple or an authorized service provider.
In addition, if you can take a backup in iTunes, etc., there is no problem with the manufacturer repair, but you can not take the backup, if you feel troublesome please consult a non-regular store.
The advantage of non-regular stores is that most of the repairs that are not related to the data will proceed with the data as it is.
If you can replace the battery by yourself with reference to the decomposition method below, you can use the iPhone 8 as it is with the data up to now.
However, it is safe to back up and remember how to back up in case of a failure that you do not know when it will happen.
When replacing the battery of the iPhone 8 with Apple, it was 5400 yen.
How to do the battery replacement of the iPhone 8 yourself is all 22 steps!
- [iPhone8 Battery Replacement Repair and Disassembly Method STEP 1]
- I would like to disassemble the iPhone8, but it looks like an image is almost no different from the iPhone7.
There are many similar decomposition methods, but what is clearly different from the iPhone7 is that the battery can now be wirelessly charged (Qi).
Although the liquid crystal crack is not done in the image, the repair method is exactly the same even if it is not broken, so please refer to the person who has broken down!
- [iPhone8 battery replacement repair and disassembly method STEP 2]
- Decomposition of the iPhone8 also starts from the place where to remove the screw here, but various parts have been changed in the iPhone that has been released so far, the only unchanged part is this screw part.
If you do not have a dedicated tool instead of a Phillips screwdriver, you cannot remove the screw, so please prepare it if you do not have a special tool.
It is very easy to remove if you can prepare a driver.
- [iPhone8 Battery Replacement Repair and Disassembly Method STEP 3]
- The iPhone8 is marketed as a waterproof mobile phone, so waterproof tape is applied to the gap between the LCD and the main body.
It was easy to remove the LIQUID crystal with a past iPhone, but it is a little hard to remove the liquid crystal because the waterproof seal is attached to the inside from around the iPhone6s.
The tool in the image is called a heat gun, and it is a powerful version of the dryer if it says clearly.
It is recommended because the tape becomes soft by adding heat to the circumference of the iPhone lightly (white part in the image), and it is easier to work than the state where heat is not applied.
- If there is no heat gun, it is also possible to handle a hair dryer for home use.
- [iPhone8 battery replacement repair and disassembly method STEP 4]
- If you can apply heat in the previous process, I think that waterproof tape is a little softer, so I will work to remove the liquid crystal before the heat cools down.
In this case, we use the tool because the screen is not cracked, but if there is a crack, you cannot use the tool (suction cup) of the image.
In that case, it is not possible to float the liquid crystal unless the tool is inserted from the side of the home button, but you can see the position where the tool is inserted by the next Step.
In Step5, the right side of the pick insertism is a guide.
- [iPhone8 Battery Replacement Repair and Disassembly Method STEP 5]
- I think that it was possible to float the liquid crystal a little like the image if it is possible to use the suction cup, but it is good to put a plastic thing such as a pick in the floating part.
If it is possible to float even a little in the front part, it is possible to float the horizontal side part if you slide the pick along the frame of the liquid crystal as it is.
If the screen is broken and you cannot use the suction cup, insert a tool (iron spatula) between the pick and the home button in the image, and insert the pick if there is a gap even a little.
- [iPhone8 Battery Replacement Repair and Disassembly Method STEP 6]
- Until iPhone6s, it has become to open vertically, iPhone7 and 8 are now open in the horizontal direction (right direction in terms of the image).
There are camera connectors and LCD connectors in the red arrow, so be careful not to break them.
- [iPhone8 battery replacement repair and disassembly method STEP 7]
- This iron plate has battery connectors, LCD cables and home button cables.
There is a screw in the part which is enclosed in a red circle, but it cannot be easily removed because it is a special screw, and it is not sold easily in the home center.
I think that a tool is necessary if it seems to be disassembled for the first time iPhone, but please prepare it because you can buy it for about a few hundred yen on the Internet.
Please note that the screw thread is very small, so if you use a different tool, there is a high probability that the screw will lick, and opening will be difficult.
- [iPhone8 Battery Replacement Repair and Disassembly Method STEP 8]
- It was possible to remove the iron plate when it was possible to remove all Y-shaped screws, but many connectors are connected to the red frame part, so please check the structure well.
- [iPhone8 Battery Replacement Repair and Disassembly Method STEP 9]
- First, work from the place where the connector of the battery connected to the logic board is removed.
You can easily remove the connector by inserting the plastic tool around the bottom of the connector as shown in the image and lifting it upward, but do not use a metal tool before removing the battery.
If you touch the metal part by any chance, it may be short-circuited, and the worst iPhone may not turn on, so be careful.
- [iPhone8 Battery Replacement Repair and Disassembly Method STEP 10]
- When you can remove the previous battery, there is a part where the cable overlaps immediately nearby, but this is the home button cable and the liquid crystal cable.
The upper connector is removed first, but it is possible to remove it if it is made to lift from the bottom to the top as well as the battery.
- [iPhone8 Battery Replacement Repair and Disassembly Method STEP 11]
- Remove the cable below in the same way as before.
- [iPhone8 Battery Replacement Repair and Disassembly Method STEP 12]
- This is the camera side at the top of the liquid crystal.
The square part under the cable becomes the rear camera, but I want to remove it because the cable of the front camera is connected to the logic board.
Remove two screws in the red circle, but the screw of this part can be easily removed with a Phillips screwdriver.
- [iPhone8 Battery Replacement Repair and Disassembly Method STEP 13]
- I think that I was able to remove the iron plate when I was able to remove the screw of the previous.
It is possible to remove the connector by lifting the camera connector under the plate from the bottom to the top.
If you can remove the battery, you can use an iron spatula, but it is recommended because it is very easy to disassemble when the tip is thin tool.
- [iPhone8 Battery Replacement Repair and Disassembly Method STEP 14]
- I was able to separate the iPhone into the upper body, the lower body!
It is possible to replace the battery without having to completely separate it like this, but the liquid crystal was removed to ensure reliable work.
- [iPhone8 Battery Replacement Repair and Disassembly Method STEP 15]
- From here, it will be a task to remove the battery, but the battery of the iPhone is fixed to the main body with double-sided tape.
As with the iPhone in the past, the battery has been fixed with tape, but the contents are a little different because wireless charging Qi was adopted from the iPhone8.
Because the battery and Qi are composed of different parts, this time I will remove only the battery withQi as it is.
- There is no need to explain where the battery itself is, but first pay attention to the red frame.
There is a black tape in the place surrounded by a red frame, but this is the tape under the battery extending so far.
It has become possible to remove the battery easily by using this tip part when replacing the battery.
- [iPhone8 Battery Replacement Repair and Disassembly Method STEP 16]
- If you turn the tape, it will be like this, but please be careful not to cut it with a cutter if possible.
This leads to efficiency.
- [iPhone8 Battery Replacement Repair and Disassembly Method STEP 17]
- The image is the top of the battery though it was the lower part of the battery earlier.
Guide seal is also used at the top than the iPhone8, but this is probably to make it easier to replace the battery than the previous iPhone.
- [iPhone8 Battery Replacement Repair and Disassembly Method STEP 18]
- Let's turn up the seal with a tool like the lower side of the battery!
- [iPhone8 Battery Replacement Repair and Disassembly Method STEP 19]
- If you have a turned seal and pull it lightly, you can see that it is a seal that is elastic like an image, but because of the material that is very easy to cut, it will be easily cut by the angle and force adjustment to pull.
However, if the seal is cut off, it does not mean that the battery cannot be replaced, and please think that the left f industry efficiency becomes poor.
- The battery of the iPhone has become possible to remove easily by making good use of this seal.I do not think that it removes while pulling the seal originally, but you can see that the seal slips out when the work is successful.
- [iPhone8 Battery Replacement Repair and Disassembly Method STEP 20]
- Although it is the upper side earlier, i will peel off the seal while pulling the lower side in the same way.
- [iPhone8 Battery Replacement Repair and Disassembly Method STEP 21]
- The seal will be peeled off as well, but if the seal has come off in the middle by any chance, it is necessary to peel off the seal by force technique by sliding the spatula etc. under the battery.
- [iPhone8 Battery Replacement Repair and Disassembly Method STEP 22]
- Only the battery was able to be removed from the iPhone8 body.
In the case of the past iPhone is completed, but in the case of iPhone8, there is a wireless charging Qi, so if the Qi breaks down by any chance, I think that it is necessary to remove Qi.
- By the way, the part of Qi is a black circle under the battery in the image, but Qi is a round pad, and the tip is connected by a connector to the logic board.
If you can not wirelessly charge on the iPhone8, check whether you can charge with lightning cable once, if you can not charge by any chance Qi failure, dock connector failure, It will be one of the failure of the logic board.
- If you have ever disassembled the iPhone even once, the battery replacement of the iPhone8 is not so difficult.
However, unlike the iPhone until now, there are parts of Qi under, so it is necessary to be careful not to break down.